11 Facts About Fitness
11 FACTS ABOUT FITNESS
11 facts about fitness / Welcome to cross-sport. am, a global movement of thousands of young people making positive change, online and off! The 11 facts you want are below, and the sources for the facts are at the very bottom of the page. After you learn something, Do Something! Find out how to take action here.
Here are some of the interesting facts about the human body and health that you probably never knew. Knowing these should give you yet another reason to love your body and take care of your health.
- The human body has 650 muscles.
- The only exercise you should hold your breath for is underwater swimming.
- The heart is the strongest muscle in the body.
- Nearly 50% of all young people ages 12-21 are not vigorously active on a daily basis.
- For every pound of muscle gained, the body burns 50 extra calories every day.
- Only 13% of men are physically fit.
- More than 30% of children ages 6 to 11 are overweight, and over 15% are obese.
- On average, a person walks 70,000 miles in their lifetime.
- Roughly 4,000 children and teenagers begin smoking every day.
- Exercise makes you feel more energized because it releases endorphins into the blood.
- Movement in exercise helps relieve stress by producing a relaxation response which serves as a position distraction.
Source of information Fitness Health Zone. 40 Facts about Fitness. Visual.ly 11-facts-about-fitness